Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Korea Travelog 2k17: Day 4

April 26th 2017 (Wednesday)

-Itaewon
-Namdaemun
-Dongdaemun
-Cheonggyecheon

We woke up from our sweet dream at 8am and have a breakfast with other Malaysia backpackers together. Accidentally, have a breakfast together. They're 5 friends and travel as a group whereas me and my friend, just us.I hope I can travel to Seoul again with my besties. Hopefully! Okey we wrapped up our breakfast at 9am (tto! watched korean variety show. I dunno why but I feel excited watching korean shows in their country. Is it weird? hahahah). Okey guys, Let's get it.

Tbh, Itaewon is so far because I almost slept in the train.It can be an hour or maybe 45 minutes til you arrived Itaewon from Apgujeong station.Itaewon is an area where all rich people such as foreign people (mostly) hangout there coz most of the things they sell are quite expensive. So, if you see any souvenier at the street, please bear your lust coz you can buy it at Namdaemun and Insadong. Namdaemun got a lot of souvenier and also delicious street food (my hotteok and gyeran ppang!) To go here, you need to take Itaewon station at line 6. Then take exit 3. There are a lot of restaurant and bar in here. Our aim in Itaewon was to go to Itaewon mosque and also halal restaurant. It is a must to visit Itaewon mosque (especially Muslim tourist) and perform our prayer there. This chance won't easily come. Forgot to tell you that, Itaewon roads are mostly hilly road. Danng! wear a comfortable shoes okay? Plus, the mosque located on the hilly road. yeah we just bear it since we really want to go there. Oops! before went there, we grab our lunch first. We went to Makan Halal Restaurant which located near the mosque. yeah again, I forgot what i had ordered while eating there. I think... its bibimbap set.



I'm a little be surprised coz I didn't took any photo at here. Maybe coz I'm to hungry then I can't think anything else except food. (This photo is from Google). They can speak a little bit english. So, don't worry how to ordering food coz they can understand english very well plus the service is nice. I hope to visit this restaurant again here. The side dishes were so delicious. It kinda different than other korean restaurants that exist in my country except if the owner of the restaurant is korean. I never go to any korean restaurant that owned my pure korean coz its kinda hard to find one here. I heard there is one which known as Sweetree. You can just google the restaurant for further information. The meal set that I ate here is 10 000won below. Kinda cheap right? Hey! don't exchange the price while traveling coz you will feel burden. Plus, the meal set's portion kinda large and can eat for 2 people actually. Just add the rice if you want to share with friends.
Here the address of Makan Halal restaurant:
52 Usadon-ro 10-gil, Hannam-dong,Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
서울특별시,영산구,한남동,52 우사단로 10길

After walked out from Exit 3, just follow the instruction as you want to go to Itaewon mosque because the direction is same.(Read the direction for Itaewon mosque below). Turn right when you reach the entrance of the mosque and walked further along the lane facing the entrance mosque and you will find it on your right.(Don't enter the entrance of the mosque. Just turn right if you have reach there).

After eat the delicious meal here, we went to the mosque. Performed prayer and take some time to rest before moved to the next destination which is Namdaemun. The mosque is so big. For non-muslim, for your information, we need to take 'wudhu' ' before perform our prayer. At that time, the temperature was 15 degree celcius or plus minus 15 degree celcius. So the water was so cold. It can make your hand frozen. Serious talk, the water's temperature was no joke at that time. By hooked by crooked, we need to bear with that coolness. For women, our prayer's place at the second floor. So we need to climbed the stairs till the second floor. The view from second floor was so beautiful. You can see the decoration of the mosque. Sorry guys, I can't take photos in there coz they won't allowed us to do that. I just took photo infront the Itaewon mosque. 



To go here, we walked straight from Exit 3 til reached the end of the block.(Till you meet the lane to the right). Then, from the lane, we turned right and walk up straight  till met the road that split become two junctions. We took the left junction and walked till find the halal butcher on the left side. From here, turn left and tadaa! we already reached in front the mosque entrance.
Address: 732-21 Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu,Seoul,South Korea
서울특별시,용산구,한남동,72-21

Enough for Itaewon mosque. We went to Namdaemun. which is the biggest market and they sell a lot of clothes, foods and also souvenier for us to bring back to our country. I don't have long explaination for Namdaemun. You can get a good quality of clothes here. I ever bought Supreme sweater which is the original one. I asked the ahjumma for the price in korean language. Since they can't understand well english. Originally, she gave me 20,000won but then coz I'm really good in korean language so she gave me discount and the price become 17,000won. I'm a little bit impressed when that ahjumma said my korean language is good. Tbh, I just learn some basic korean language only and yeah I have learnt this language since 2013. So I can said like 65% fluently? So moral of the story, we need to learn their language coz you will get a lot of benefits while travel here. I also bought a traditional korean cake. It's made of honey, flour and they put almonds and nuts. It's delicious and chewy.Oh! the sellers around here are good with Malay language. Double surprised from me. Someone ever talked to us in Malaysia language such as "apa khabar?", "cari apa?" and etc. I thought my ears got some problem or I miss my country already but yeah its real tho. They spoke Malay language at that time. We just laughed and compliment their effort to approach us in our language.
Address:21, Namdaemunsijang 4-gil,Jung-gu,Seoul
 서울특별시 중구 남대문시장4길 21 (남창동)
To go here, we stopped at Hoehyeon station which is line 4 and yeah you can see the signboard to go to Namdaemun market.


 


source: google.
Sorry again guys, I got no photo for Namdaemun.

Next, we went to Dongdaemun. Dongdaemun also got market which is mostly they sell clothes. The time operation for this night market is 24 hours. So yeah you can shopping till you faint here. It's affordable and avoid buy the souvenier here coz you can get the most cheapest price at Namdaemun in Insadong. We got no time to go to Insadong. So maybe next time? They also sell a lot of accessories. So yeah girls? what are you waiting for? bring you boyfriend there! There is a place that is so famous which is Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP). This place is so near with the subway station. There are two ways to go to Dongdaemun :
1)  Near Exit #14, Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station, Subway Line 2, 4, & 5
2) Near Exit #8 or #9, Dongdaemun Station, Subway Line 1, & 4.
Read the signboard first if you wanna go to DDP before walked to night market. Okey?
Omg, forgot to tell you the most famous stream in Dongdaemun. It's Cheonggyecheon stream. There are a lot of people will hangout there or dating along the Cheonggyecheon stream. Yeah, whose don't have boyfriend, don't feel too lonely or jealous coz you can go with your friends. (hey! me also got no namja chingu! so yeah, we're in the same boat). You can go to Cheonggyecheon by walk from DDP or also from mall known as APM. Its kinda near with APM. At DDP, they provide a map and you can search where to go to Cheonggyecheon. If you want to go to Cheonggyecheon separate from the day you went to Dongdaemun, then you can go to City Hall station (subway line 1,2) and take Exit 4. Then walk to the north to Cheonggye Plaza. The stream located under the bridge. So, you will find the stairs to go down to Cheonggyecheon. For me and my friend, we went to Cheonggyecheon in the same day with Dongdaemun coz we got a lot of places to go for another 2 days excluded the day we went back to Malaysia. I just followed the direction that they gave on the map that shown at DDP.


feeling like a model for a while. (hahahah). Actually, I'm shivering at this time coz it's so windy and the temperature tryna killing me. Hey, there was a groom and a bride make a photoshoot for their wedding. Omg, the bride just wore that wedding dress which is not to much layer. I feel sympathy for her coz she need to bear with the windy night.on that time. Hopefully, the photos come out well and beautiful. 


This is Cheonggyecheon at night. I dunno why maybe we need to go here on day time. If you go at night you go nothing to see plus they didn't show the fountain! ergh! I'm a little bit.disappointed at this time.

Dongdaemun address: Euljiro 6-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
서울특별시,중그,을지로 6-가

So that's all for my day 4. Kinda the most tiring day for us. Please wait for my others entries and soon I'm gonna write my review for any k-drama that I already watched. Sorry for the late post coz my new semester just started plus I'm gonna conduct a tutor class for korean language.

Thank you and good night!


No comments: